Skip to main content

The Passion still burns.

It has been a long time, my friends.

I have returned.

My love of Professional Wrestling never died, but my passion to write about it did wane. I felt like I was forced into bubbles and what I could talk about. Truthfully, that was all in my head. This blog is ultimately just a passion project, and not an attention seeking blog. What does that mean? I should be able to cover whatever it is that is providing fuel to my passion of the sport. My passion is still burning pretty strong, just not in the ways that it used to.

How does that affect this site? Well the blog portion is most certainly returning, and I am looking at options at returning to podcasting. I am even looking at opportunities to record videos and post them on YouTube. But I won't necessarily have a structured time for things. I have a weird work schedule and it does affect my ability to run a site. That is why this will be a personal blog if you will, and I have no aspirations for it to be a business. There will be no ads for the foreseeable future. I want this to be a fun place to talk about wrestling.

I look forward to making content and coming up with random ideas. I don't know exactly what the future of this site looks like, but I like that. This will be a stream of consciousness dealing with all types of wrestling topics. I hope whoever reads these diatribes enjoys them.

That is enough for now... I have writing to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Cruiserweight Classic: Thoughts and Hopes for the tournament

Wednesday night kicked off the opening of the 32 man tournament known as the Cruiserweight Classic. This is an extremely significant venture for the WWE and the WWE Network.  Growing up a wrestling fan, I didn't think I would see something like this happen in a major North American promotion, and certainly not the WWE.  The fact that most of the talent lineup are not under a WWE contract makes it even more fascinating. What also makes this tournament fascinating is the presentation.  This show is being treated like a sporting event with serious discussion on weight cutting, fighting styles and the representations of their countries.  They even did a Bracketology special.  This is a complete departure from the WWE presentation style.  This isn't sports entertainment, this is professional wrestling, and they are pushing that fact.  Mauro Ranallo and Daniel Bryan bring a feel of legitimacy and excitement to their announcing that this show feels even more special. They are pur

WWE Extreme Rules 2014: Thoughts and Review

I just wanted to do a quick breakdown of my thoughts on the show last night.  Overall, I enjoyed the show. That being said, there were a few things I did not care for.  Let's break it down! Pre-Show--- WeeLC: El Torito vs. Hornswoggle: This worked for me as a comedy special attraction.  The second half of this match really got over with the crowd at the IZOD Center.  Good for these guys to put on a fun show. Rating : *** Match #1: Swagger vs. RVD vs. Cesaro This was a fun match and had the crowd going.  The finish was terrifying with Rob cutting his face on the trash can.  This was a nice win for Cesaro, and I hope he can move on soon. Rating: *** Match #2: R-Truth and Xavier Woods vs. Alexander Rusev: Squashtastic. Plain and simply a quick and painless match that felt kind of pointless.  Rusev looks strong, and R-Truth continues to ruin Xavier Woods.   Rating : * Match #3: Bad News Barrett vs. Big E Langston (C) for the Intercontinental Championship: This w

Ring of Honor: Global Wars Review

Just wanted to give my quick thoughts on the first of two joint ventures between Ring of Honor and NJPW. Last Night's show, Global Wars, took place at the Ted Reeves Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Cananda.  It was a pretty decent show so let's break it down. 1.) Michael Bennett vs. ACH This was a fine opener, but it wasn't a thrilling match.  ACH got a few nice spots in, but there was never any doubt in the fan's minds on who was winning.  Bennett has a big match against Tanahashi on Saturday, so Bennett needed to look good.  Mission accomplished.   Rating : ** 2.) Michael Elgin vs.  Takaaki Watanabe Similar situation to the first match where Elgin needed to look good before he faces AJ Styles for the IWGP Championship this weekend.  There were some fun moments, but again this was never in doubt. Rating : ** 3.)  The Decade vs. Red Dragon vs. The Briscoe Brothers The Briscoes won in a fairly short but fun matchup.  Red Dragon has a match coming up with the Young